Over the past five years, NEP has posted hundreds of articles, book recommendations, film reviews, and blogs on every period of US History. These articles make great teaching material. Some introduce a topic to students entirely unfamiliar with it. Others present one or both sides of a controversy that can be used to launch a classroom discussion. Some can teach students how to read primary documents and some are just fun to read for students or instructors looking for a little extra or a new angle.
This Summer 2016, we will be presenting a chronological index of NEP articles on US History, designed to correspond to the topics covered in the US History Survey for instructors and students participating in US History survey courses to use as they wish.
- Colonial US and the American Revolution
- Civil War (1861-1865)
- Emancipation Proclamation
- The American West, Native Americans, and Environmental History
- The Rise of American Capitalism
- Cold War
- War in Vietnam
- Mexico-US Interactions and Hispanic America
- Civil Rights
- The Long 1970s, The Reagan Revolution, and the End of the Cold War
- USA and the Middle East
- US Women’s History
- Presidents Past